While the trade in process is simple, you want to be sure that you don’t pass along your data, photos, music or apps along with your old device.
Here are the simple steps to take before handing in your current iPhone or iPad.
1. Know Your Trade In Value – Find out your estimated trade in value by visiting iStore or using the online checker.
2. Back Up Your Data – You may already have your iPhone or iPad set up to automatically sync to iCloud. You can never be too careful with data and it’s a good idea to make a manual backup of the data on your iPhone or iPad as well. You can create a backup using iTunes.
3. Perform a Factory Reset – The reset will wipe the iPhone or iPad, deleting your personal data and any apps you’ve installed. It will also reset the phone back to its default state. Go to “Settings,” select “General,” then “Reset.” From there, select “Erase All Content and Settings.”
4. Change Account Passwords – For extra protection, change important passwords that you may have saved to your iPhone or iPad. The factory reset of the iPhone or iPad should remove any saved passwords along with your data, but we recommend clients take this extra precaution. You may also want to ensure that your iPhone or iPad is removed from any services, like Find My iPhone via iCloud.com, or as part of the two-factor authorization in your Google Account if you set it up.
5. Trade In Your Old iPhone or iPad : Bring your iPhone or iPad into iStore. You may be asked to complete a simple form, which simply captures the information that best describes your iPhone or iPad’s condition. Provide your identity card, receipt of purchase or any form of proof of ownership.
6. Get a Voucher based on the value of your item. This voucher is redeemable against any new Apple product on the same day the trade in takes place.
7. Redeem your Voucher . You can now add more to the value of your voucher depending on the cost of the Apple product you want to purchase and take home a brand new phone.